TRAINER: KRISTÓF TÓTH
/ Software Engineer – Avatao
Kristóf is a software engineer at Avatao with a strong belief that software is the key to building a better future. He is the lead maintainer of the IT security challenge creation framework we use at our company. Besides a deep passion for clean code and software craftsmanship, Kristóf likes cats and is a beer aficionado.
FREE PREMIUM ACCESS TO AVATAO TRAINING PLATFORM
Every Hacktivity Training participant will receive 1 month FREE Premium access to the Avatao training platform. The platform is designed by developers for developers and offers hands-on, job-relevant training exercises that enable users to learn new skills, gain new insights, and practice new approaches in software security.
The platform has over 800 challenges covering the entire SDLC. You will learn how to properly write and review code that will prevent unwanted data breaches and system vulnerabilities.
In this completely hands-on workshop, you can get in the shoes of a young software engineer who joins the security champions team of a company to watch over the trust in web applications. As time progresses, the regular assignment becomes an involved investigation to solve a computing puzzle.
Throughout this introductory workshop, you would be using the Avatao online AppSec platform to solve a series of technical challenges related to OWASP top 10 and beyond. This technical game teaches you the basic pitfalls in web security and the best practices to fix the problems.
The workshop will be an early-preview of a new Avatao story we are going to release on the platform soon. The workshop is intended to software engineers who might be beginners in application security.
- Understand the basic issues in web security
- Get insight into OWASP top 10 and how to fix those issues in practice
- Have fun in solving game challenges in AppSec
- Have developed a team attitude and skills to solve problems together
- Have serious craving to become better in web security
- Learn a few words in leetspeak
- Attendees should bring: Laptop with a contemporary browser (mandatory)
- This is an introductory Workshop for web application developers, students, including those new to application security.
- The course has been developed to train learners at all levels, but it is mostly geared towards beginners.