We are happy to announce the CFP for 2012.
Hacktivity 2012 – The IT Security Festival in Central and Eastern Europe – will be held on the 9th occasion. Hacktivity conference/festival traditionally brings together the official and alternative representatives of information security profession with all those interested in the area, in an informal, yet educational, and usually deep into the technical form.
This year we are offering two alternatives again: you can either give a presentation as usual or (building on last year tremendous success) you can give a hello world workshop.
Presentations. This is the business as usual. We require similar thing as in any other IT security conference CFP. We are accepting presentations from a wide spectrum of topics including: vulnerabilities of mobile devices, hardware hacking, attack vectors of telecommunication networks, network security, security of operating systems, browser based attacks, misuse of popular applications, database security, possibilities arisen from server errors, information gathering from business applications, malicious and mobile codes, hacking tools, information warfare, hacker subculture, social engineering, digital forensics, privacy, questions of intellectual properties. But this is just our ideas! It is up to you to apply for a presentation which is in line with the spirit of Hacktivity, namely presenting the vulnerabilities of information and communication technologies from the attackers view and techniques to avoid these attacks.
You should prepare your slide deck in English while the presentation language can be preferably English or Hungarian.
Hello workshop. We all know there is a huge difference between seeing and doing. Real knowledge grows from issuing your first command. Therefore, to help visitors start off learning we continue this new type of experience. Your hello workshop should meet the following requirements
- participants should acquire a definite and useful piece of knowledge;
- it is expected that participants bring their own laptop and that’s all;
- workshop will have 16-20 attendees;
- it should fit into 20 plus 20 minutes (teaching plus doing).
It is a challenge isn’t it? But we are sure you can make it! Some of our ideas to get started:
- hello iptables (configuration of sample network, VPN configuration)
- hello metasploit
- hello buffer overflow
- hello rootkits (how to detect)
- hello virus (watch how to catch)
- hello web attacks (XSS, CSRF etc)
- hello injections (SQL, LDAP etc.)
Last year ALL workshops get a huge success.
How to apply as a speaker
If you wish to participate on Hacktivity 2012 Festival as a speaker, you should send your application in English to no later than 15. June 2012. The application should contain the following information:
- the exact title of your presentation
- the length of your presentation
- the abstract no longer than 1000 characters
- your bio no longer than 1000 characters
- a high-res portrait of you
As a guideline we suggest one of the following duration times: 45 minutes, 2x45 minutes. Please note that in case of presentation longer than 45 minutes you should be ready to give some (live) demonstration not just slide shows. (We recommend at least 50% of the whole talk.)
If you wish to give a hello workshop on Hacktivity 2012 Festival, you should send your application in English to no later than 15. June 2012. The application should contain the following information:
- title of the workshop
- description of values it will deliver to participants and the method you plan to use in 1000 characters
- the facilities it requires
- how many times you are ready to perform (because of the few seats available in a single workshop you are asked to give the same workshops at the event more than once. We allow 3 to 5 sessions per person.)
-your bio no longer than 1000 characters
- a high-res portrait of you
Well, it is the wrong question, you shouldn’t. However, to present at Hacktivity is a great opportunity to show yourself, to gain experience and to network.
The Program Committee send a confirmation email to every applicant. The Program Committee makes its decision based on the presentation abstracts and workshop descriptions. The Committee might ask questions in email and require further refinement. You can continue to work on your accepted presentation and workshop until the end of September. Please apply as early as you can, don’t leave the work to the last minute. In exchange we favor those who apply in time.
For presentation we provide the usual presentation equipments, but you should BYOL.
In case of workshop we provide dedicated network, Amazon WS account and the usual presentation and workshop facilities (LCD projectors, microphones, white board). If you need something we did not mention above, contact us!
The speakers are entitled to travel expenses, an extra free ticket (spouse, friend etc.), accommodation for 2 nights plus VIP package (for the speaker only).
For workshop presenters we provide a VIP conference package and an extra free ticket.
As a speaker or workshop presenter you should accept the following use of your intellectual properties:
- Presentations will be recorded and made available on our web site.
- To the event a conference paper will be published with presentation/workshop titles and abstracts, the presenters’ bio and their photos. The brochures will be distributed at the registration for all participants of the conference.
Presentations and workshop materials will available on the conference web page after the event in pdf form.During the presentation we will take photos and use them in our publications and will be published on our site.
We are not going to use your materials in any other form mentioned above without your prior consent.
15. June 2012. Submitting proposals with abstracts to
1. July 2012. Notification of accepted speakers and publication of conference program
21. September 2012. Submission of the final presentations to firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH PRESENTATIONS:
PARTICIPATION AND INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT:
MEDIA AND SPONSOR INFORMATION:
Ms. Bernadette Szutor
Mobil: +36 20 917 9539
More Hacktivity 2012 related information is available on our website http://www.hacktivity.com